Sunday, July 15, 2007

Finished the second circle


Good news: Finished the second circle through the Lou Hays tactics book today!

Bad news: Not only are there five circles to go, but my accuracy didn't really improve that much.

I'm up to 69% correct as opposed to 65% the first time through.

I think I might just go through the book again and either just focus on the ones I got wrong or do the second circle again at the same pace, but this time paying closer attention to accuracy.

Another milestone down in the journey and one step closer to finishing Michael de la Maza's seven circles of chess tactics idea.

2 comments:

Temposchlucker said...

Jolly good.

Blue Devil Knight said...

Sweet.

I find it very helpful to go back and do the problems I got wrong, especially envisioning the correct first move a few times once I've doubled checked that it is right.