Thursday, July 12, 2007

Time constraints

So I'm nearly at the end of the second circle, and I'm worried that the next circle will be the toughest.

Even though I'm getting better, I don't really feel like I'm recognising the tactical patterns by sight.

I'm spending about an hour each morning to go through 38 tactical problems, and I have concerns that in the third circle I won't be that much faster than I am now. Which means I'll look forward to more like 90 minutes of tactics a day.

Maybe it's too early to judge. Or maybe I should just repeat the second circle using the same time constraints.

Or maybe I should stop whining and do some more tactics?

2 comments:

Blue Devil Knight said...

Why not just see how many you can get through in an hour while maintaining the same or somewhat better accuracy? That's what I do, and it seems to work. And as I mentioend a couple of posts ago, there is inevitably a threshold-crossing event where they just become easier, when I go from thinking through the problems to seeing the solutions....At first this happens on half of them, and then after a couple of more cycles nearly all of them...

Phil Willis said...

Yeah - I might need to keep the same time commitment and go through the tactics problems as best I can in one hour a day.