Monday, August 6, 2007

Patterns emerge


After so many days of practising this set of tactics, it's amazing to see these patterns just leap off the page.

It literally takes no more than a couple of seconds before you think, "Hm, a lot of pawns there. What if I push one to bump the knight away. Oh wait! Removal of the guard!"

It's like lines appear on the board directing traffic and the correct flow of pieces.

"The h6 square is unprotected, I wonder can I drop my queen in there. Oh wait! He can't protect g7 if I distract his queen!"

Just that sort of "aha" moment is making the practice itself very enjoyable.

I've still got a lot of hard work left, but it's seeming less like work and more like fun!

1 comment:

Blue Devil Knight said...

Sweet. I think that's the most fun phase to be in. It's clear it's paying off.