Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You still have to play chess

Thanks for the comment from Pale Morning Dun who read my post on the 8 ways to guarantee you finish the seven circles and also mentioned this vital piece of information:

You have to play games!

Very true. You can't make your rating go up unless you play rated games and win.

I can definitely see the standard of my chess improving - far fewer games where I blunder a piece or a pawn. And the beauty part is, I'm actually winning and drawing against people that are 400+ points above me.

Australian ratings only come out once every three months, but hopefully I'll get a chance to play in a bunch of rated games between now and the end of the year and see some fruit from my "labors of de la Maza".

2 comments:

SamuraiPawn said...

That's good advice. In the past I've only been taking part in one tournament per year. After this years tournament I've decided to play one rated standard game a week in the Swedish national league.

Blue Devil Knight said...

This is key. The more slow games to supplement the tactical training, during the tactical training, the better.