Thursday, August 2, 2007

Going back to club games

I'm nearly through the fourth circle and everything is progressing well.

The one thing that struck me the other day though, is not really related to studying tactics, but is more about getting good practice at long games.

One thing I'm concerned about is in a typical open swiss-paired tournament run in Sydney where there are only 60 players, I always have:

  • two rounds where I have not much chance of winning,

  • two rounds where I'm paired against very easy opposition and
  • only a few rounds of "equal" games.


  • So I've decided to go back to playing in club tournaments, because there are more opportunities to play people of your rating.

    In order to see results from practising tactics, it would be better to play nine rounds against 1300's than to play in a tournament of people with mixed ratings.

    Anyhow - that's the theory. I'll see how it works out.

    No comments: